
When riding the tube in Paris, you can’t help to wonder about the vast quantity of graffiti along all the tunnel walls. I have become very puzzled about this and each time I sat down on one of the trains, riding through the youth’s gallery in the darkness, I couldn’t help but to admire these artists. They must be risking their lives going down there to paint, and it can’t be legal for them to do so. How do they do it?
Do I ever go to those lengths when I try to make myself noticed in my work? Not really. Should I? Maybe not to that great extent. But surely we should all make more sacrifices when creating and designing our work. Blood, tears and sweat DO make a difference – at least to the satisfaction and the admiration you would receive from others.
On a side note, I would like to note that Paris has a great and inspiring urban culture that thrives in this wonderfully diverse city. (Who can't love Paris?) That is why I have included a picture I took of a - to me at least - typical house wall in the backstreets of Paris.

Sluta sluta, börja börja.
Martin
1 comment:
i think there is a fine line between risking life and limb and putting yourself out there with your work, il go for the later please.
Post a Comment