
I’ve found this amazing artist which really creates witty and extremely eye-catching work. Mark Jenkins makes “people” out of tape and clingfilm, and more recently, he dresses them up as well. This makes them appear as real people since he finds ways of covering their faces. I would like to use this guy for several different projects - there are so many ways you can use his techniques for advertising campaigns. The reason for me liking this so much has a lot to do with me favouring ambient media campaigns. But besides that, I also enjoy the simplicity of his idea and the dark humour he weave into his projects.
Recently I have brought some Adidas and Nike adverts to your attention. Now use 1 minute to come up with a promotional campaign using Mark Jenkins art. Please post your idea as a comment. You should find it rather simple and consider it a fun exercise!
There are so many different ‘installations’ that are just so good but here is a selected few. At the end you can find video of how they are made.

Martin




1 comment:
Whoa! That is a lot of tape.
My uncle used to work in adhesives at 3M to help improve scotch tape.......I will have to send these to him!
Post a Comment