
Adidas also used trash cans as means to advertise, funnily enough it seems Nike has done so as well. I wonder if people stopped to pick up the trash they missed when aiming for the bin?
Otherwise I think this ad could have potentially good impact, generating good PR for Nike if nothing else.
Martin
4 comments:
Great idea if it gets young people to throw abit more rubbish in the bin and provides Nike with a way to be a more environmentally considerate company.
Being more ethically sound is a growing trend with major companies and corporations around the world and is being seen as the 'new way' to improve the consumers' perceptions of the company. However, many brands are guilty of 'green-washing' - presenting themselves as being more environmentally and ethically sound than they are in a bid win over consumers. If Nike claim they are discouraging littering and encouraging recycling, they can't then go and produce more clothing in cheap labour sweatshops.
I agree with Sarah that if it encourages kids to put litter in the bin... then great.. but I think that these ads are boring and they don't remind me of a basketball board behind a net. I think that the design could be improved greatly... bringing the inside box further down to replicate a real basketball net.
Yes, I agree with you both. Thank you for very interesting comments.
Ethically, Nike is probably on the worst brands. But, nonetheless, this types of ad makes people forget very, very quickly about those children in that 'weird-foreign-contry-I-cant-spell-the-name-of'. This is a sad but harsh reality we face today.
But I think is the next great question to ask yourself here, would You be able to produce an ad for Nike? A campaign that promotes Nike as a morally sound brand? Imagine doing the same thing for McDonalds, would you be able to?
Post a Comment