Monday, 4 February 2008

Boxy, yet beautiful.



As we needed more reasons to go to New York… I’m already looking in my calendar to figure out when I have time to go again. It looks like it’s gonna be 2036.

Jokes aside, this magnificent piece of architecture is well worth a visit. You don’t even have to enter the New Museum of Contemporary Art to get something out of it – you can just stand outside and drool. The style, and the way it contrasts the other buildings is just brilliant. I couldn’t find any good images online but issue 055, January of the magazine Icon has a whole segment (and front page) dedicated to the museum. The architect is “Sanaa” (which by the way is in need of a website?!)

If anyone goes there before I do, and happens to take pictures, please feel free to forward them to me.



Sluta sluta, börja börja.



Martin






No comments: