Tuesday, 19 February 2008

Let the battle commence!






I know this is really old and I’m probably just echoing many other blogs when I post these ads. But hey, some people might not have seen them, ok? I think it’s interesting how Nissan decided to respond to the Volkswagen ad to create something of a “advertising battle”. Advertising battle which is slightly less cool than break-dance battle and actual battle, but battle nonetheless.

I think more advertising agencies should do this, and I think more clients should use these kinds of campaigns. Why? Well it would simply be more entertaining that way – at least for the art directors and the designers. But it would only work if the fighting parties agree to be witty and clever in their responses instead of just simply throwing dirt on each other.
Much like what the political campaigns in the US should be like…


Sluta sluta, börja börja.

Martin

No comments: