Monday, 10 September 2007

Appropriate?



I have quite a weird sense of humour, but this billboard made even me a bit uneasy. I don’t think this is the right message to be telling the people who might be looking for a funeral service. Do we really want more dead people, is that what they are trying to tell us? I grant them the attention it brings, but I wouldn’t necessarily call it ‘good PR’.

With all the suicides and accidents relating to the underground railway stations across the world I think this campaign could be considered quite inappropriate. To some extent I can see the humour in it, but to me, it doesn’t press my buttons.






Sluta sluta, börja börja.


Martin

1 comment:

Claire said...

I agree with you here, there is only so much you can do with advertising without it becoming bad taste, sadly I think it has one step gone too far.

The general public may becoming more blase to things such as sex drugs and other provocative subjects, but when it comes to the topic of death it is still seen as being in too much bad taste. I can see where the thinking came from and why the idea originated, but in my opinion its one that should have just been left on the drawing board.