You might have caught a glimpse of this massive undertaking by the team behind Halo 3, on the TV. For some reason not known to man they have set out to create, by hand (!), a massive battlefield in extreme detail. There’s a video for which I recommend you to see, it might be a bit pretentious at times but it gives information to the madness that is the Halo 3 campaign. This is the LINK.
It is yet too early to say if the campaign is successful or not, and if the enormous amount of work and money put down to create this landscape has been worth it. On one hand it seems like an awful lot of work for barely anything, but on the other hand it shows how determined and committed the developers are to their game.
Will it be a tester - which will show if that extra time, care and sweat - actually pays off?
Martin
3 comments:
I saw this a few days ago. I'm not much of a game player but I was really impressed by the landscape that they have created, and the extent of it. The idea of creating whole landscapes online is interesting. This Cravendale site allows a user to move about a landscape with others also visiting the site, maybe this extra dimension could have added to the Halo site, or it may have made its creation too complicated, but there are probably many ways that the idea could be taken further.
Sorry must have typed something wrong. Here's the correct link
yes, I love the Cravendale site. They have really made an effort to produce something quite engaging.
I'll have to post a blog entry about it. :)
Post a Comment