Friday, 27 July 2007

Al dente!



It has to have been a good day at the office for the creative designers who came up with this ambient media campaign. This is the kind of idea you just can’t sit down and figure out, it has to be a drunken dream turned into reality; maybe even some drugs were involved in the process...

Jokes a side, it’s very innovative and clever use of space, accordingly to the creators at Jung von Matt the harbour in Hamburg is a hot spot for advertising. Nevertheless I think these photographs could easily be turned into a poster/ online campaign. It makes me wonder of where else you could apply the same idea, could it be used on plugs in the wall? Small stickers stuck to the electrical sockets in offices and all around public spaces.

I wonder if they had a contract for how long the ships would stay in the harbour and if the big sticker stuck to the boat even when it went out form the harbour. In general, I would assume there are a lot of practical issues to figure out, but - as with many projects based on good ideas - it’s worth the effort.





Sluta sluta, börja börja.

Martin

3 comments:

Missy said...

Ha! I love it! Wish I lived in a port city.

Holly Mee said...

Like it like it like it. Good use of ambient media to promote a product that could be difficult. Could be interesting to see how they would use it in the city...Something to do with a fire hose or something...

Nada said...

More intresting idea if they used it in the city. Imagine two buildings seperated by one road, in the city center.

The two faces (Male and Female) facing each other in the opposite two buildings and there is a rob that tight them in between.

Its like Lady and the Trump having spaghatii..