Tuesday, 3 July 2007

Yoggi the yoghurt



Since I started with this blog I’ve become even more aware of my surroundings, in terms of graphic design, art and advertising. I guess that is the point of all this – but saying it’s easy and that it doesn’t take a bit of sweat and blood is a lie.

Anyhow, I’m trailing of. This post is about the recent outdoor advertisement by a Swedish yoghurt brand called Yoggi, which is a product of Arla Foods. I don’t think the campaign has got enough attention, being as brilliant as it is.

I was riding my bicycle and on my way to a friends flat when I took the picture with my mobile – hence the poor quality. I just thought “I have to write about this!”. And lo and behold, I am.

The reason for is because the ad is to me very visually pleasing and interesting. The patterns created by the fruits are very nice to look at and some of these patterns I could even have as wallpaper on one of my walls. It’s very bold since it’s not saying anything else than “Yoggi” and displaying the taste of the different yoghurt mixtures within pattern. They could have said “New flavour” or “try our yoghurt” but they chose to let the simple ness of the pattern speak for itself. (Isn't the name, Yoggi, great!?)

It gives me a warm and yummie feeling in my tummy and I want to go buy yoghurt because it’s so great. But I don’t even eat yoghurt – don’t ask me why.


Sluta sluta, börja börja.


Martin

3 comments:

Smile non-stop :) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Claire said...

It takes a lot of confidence to simply do a pattern such as the one you have shown and put the name by it. It works in this instance as everyone knows what they are talking about, its showing the flavour yet doesn't try and force anything else on the customer.

I think from this point of view it has the potential to be a very successful campaign, people are becoming too used to just seeing tag lines and slogans, and images that are trying to be very clever and memorable, something like this is quite refreshingly understated.

Unknown said...

Hi I notice that you are Swedish and going to school in the UK. Did you see this ad in the UK or in Swizerland?