
Since the last post I made was about ’Sydsvenskan’ and their (in my opinion) poor attempt to advertise the possibility to send MMS messages to them, I thought that this poster above would be a good example to show you how it’s possible to use the limitations of the poster space to your advantage.
The fact that the paper might get ruined and crinkled whilst mounted is not really a huge problem today, but it happens. Maybe the graphic designer had this happen to one of his ads and then he thought about a way to use it to his advantage?
It’s simply a good idea which stands out from the rest – very good use of the space. But would it be classified as an ambient media? I find it more and more difficult to draw the line between clever ‘standard’ media and ambient media campaigns. Is it thinking ‘out of the box’ and then doing something ‘out of the box’ what could classify as ambient? Is the use of non-traditional media? But when is a media classified as non-traditional and when does it stop being non-traditional? What is your opinion?
Martin
No comments:
Post a Comment