
There's nothing more amusing than a bit of toilet wittiness. Somehow the link from this ‘graffiti’ to graphic design isn’t that far at all. It’s the same kind of wittiness we get paid to come up with. I recall the calendar brief we had at the University about a year ago and fellow student of mine called Joe Keirs made a calendar of a collection of these funny drawings, poems and obscenities he found in public toilets. I never saw the finished piece but I’m sure it was a fun read.
This line above says: “I love my penis. It makes me smile. Yay.” And below it says in small letters “Mine makes me laugh”. I thought that was quite entertaining and the fact that I found in the toilet of the Design Museum in London 2007 was quite ironic.
Do we creative people, us designers, become more clever when we sit on that white chair with a hole in it? I’m sure feel that creativity sometimes can… well… ‘flow’ quite readily.
If your out of ideas, if your stuck… well… take a dump. Hopefully it wont be a shitty idea.
Martin
1 comment:
some ppl do gets creative ideas when they are taking the dump. They do squeeze the idea very hard to get out. For me its quite funny, i get a brainstorm or feel like in Minority Report while all the images flying by infront of me (in my head ofcourse) when I brush my teeth.
I think brushing my teeth is actually I'm scratching a nerve to my brain.
Post a Comment