Sunday, 15 July 2007

A 'clean and fresh' idea



I have been posting a lot of these ambient media adverts the last few days. I'm getting more and more interested in the subject and I think I shall acquire a book which deals with this topic.

This is probably one of the most difficult ones to analyse and talk about. Should we consider it an outdoor poster campaign or is it an ambient media? I would suggest that it is an ambient media since we are stepping out of the ‘normal’ poster and creating something completely new. What we see in front of us is basically a very, very simple animation. They use static poster art and with the help from something already moving they create the illusion of animation (to some degree). I think it's an innovative and simpel way of showing the benefits of Ariel.

The creator of this advert has really, really stepped out of the box to come up with this one. Bravo, Bravo.





Sluta sluta, börja börja.


Martin

2 comments:

Holly Mee said...

Nice pun on the title...good idea and because of the moving ink splat it makes it more memorable to passers by not just a nother billboard with some ad on it.

Caleb said...

It is a very clever use of linear perspective and illusion... my only concernis it is at the side of what looks like a busy road!